June 2019In this issue:
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal continues to explore the "post-Agile" world. The next wave of Agile evolution is growing past the early adopters into the early majority, while the older, baseline Agile ideas are still working their way into large, traditional organizations.
June 2019In this issue:
This Cutter Business Technology Journal issues presents diverse research in the DSS arena while also giving a glimpse of the cutting-edge DSSs of tomorrow.
- Technology-Empowered Solutions: Redefining Decision Support — Opening Statement
- Implementing Modern Decision Support and BI
- AI in the Financial Industry: A Pragmatic Perspective
- Smarter Medical Decision Support: The Case for Connected Health
- The Search for Embeddedness: Leveraging Scientific-Based Modeling in Disaster Response
- The Digitalization of Infectious Disease: Preventing Biological Threats in the Sky
April 2019In this issue:
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal explores the "post-Agile" world, where explorers and innovators have moved on. They are now exploring “given that, what’s next?” The early majority have incorporated the Agile approach into their work habits and are asking, “What do I do with this?”
- Cutting-Edge Agile — Opening Statement
- Rebooting Agile
- Conquering Complex Social Challenges with Agile
- Surprising Challenges When Trying Agile Company-Wide
- The Journey to Solution Focus
- Using Mobius to Grow Micro-Entrepreneurs in Pakistan
- Happier and Healthier, with the Heart of Agile
- An Agile Approach to Education
March 2019In this issue:
Smart automation is rapidly infiltrating all industry sectors and, through its many incarnations, will affect our lives and work in myriad ways. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal (CBTJ), we examine the next frontiers in automation: technologies, opportunities, challenges, and design guidelines.
- The Next Frontier in Automation: Opportunities, Challenges, and Impact — Opening Statement
- Blockchain for Automation: Assessing and Seizing the Opportunity
- Living at the Frontiers of Automation
- Drones: Enterprise Mission Ready
- AI-Powered Cybersecurity: The Need of the Hour
- Designing for Smart Automation
- Defining a Roadmap for RPA and Intelligent Automation
- Decision Automation: Challenges and Opportunities
- Accountability of Algorithmic Systems: How We Can Control What We Can’t Exactly Measure
February 2019In this issue:
As has been our tradition over the past few years, we have gathered a group of Cutter Consortium experts to weigh in on the strategies, technologies, and business models that will impact business transformation efforts in 2019.
- Business Technology Trends & Predictions, 2019 — Opening Statement
- Technology, Technologists, and Technoligarchs in 2019
- The CEO: Lost in Space and Time
- Enterprise Architecture: Key Business Priorities and Success Factors for 2019
- Key Risk Indicators as a Value Driver
- 6 New Rules for Managing 21st-Century Analytics
- Customer Experience Management: Trends and Developments
- Growing Drone Usage in Business in 2019
- From Information Modeling to Ontology
- Privacy Issues and AI Forecast
January 2019In this issue:
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal describes the range of methods, tools, techniques, and applications of the fintech revolution. The articles demonstrate fintech’s importance and explore the different levels of fintech technologies, experimentation, and applications. While many questions remain, fintech is unstoppable. Institutions, companies, and whole countries are adopting it for financial, political, and even military purposes. Make no mistake: fintech is a game-changer.
- Fintech: Emerging Trends, Future Directions — Opening Statement
- Fintech: Challenges, Drivers, and Future Opportunities
- Fintech Empowerment: Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning
- AI in Banking and Financial Services: Current and Future Trends
- Transforming Fintech Architecture via Blockchain as a Service
- Chatbots in Financial Services: A Usability Study
- Banks and Digital Privacy: Monetizing “Know Your Customer”
- Becoming a Platform Organization: How Incumbent Companies Stay Competitive
- The Fintech Arms Race
December 2018In this issue:
While the cloud computing market has already achieved some major milestones since its inception, it still remains one of the hottest markets in terms of growth, spending, and revenue generation. Indeed, it is still making its way up a steep growth curve, and as more features and functionality are added that allow businesses to embrace new business models and enable innovation, the growth shows no signs of slowing. Here, we offer 7 astute evaluations of the opportunities afforded by cloud computing solutions, myriad challenges that we face, and several strategies that will enable us to move forward successfully in our transformation journeys.
October 2018In this issue:
What’s the best way to start building a digital business? Starting from a data warehouse just makes sense. Of course, the architectural thinking and technology offer valuable intellectual capital to IT. But the real value comes from the decades of experience in information/data governance and management, as well as the interpersonal and organizational skills that DW implementers have gathered. As you will see from the articles in this issue, the contributors are on the same path.
October 2018In this issue:
While issues around data and information governance are starting to get the attention they deserve, business and technology leaders still need help finding their way through all the conflicting demands. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, several authors present their perspectives and recommendations on this complex web of issues.
- The Critical Need for Data Governance — Opening Statement
- Challenges of the Current and Future State of Data Governance
- Geo-Jurisdictions: Myths, Realities & Complexities
- Learning from IT Centralization: Who Should Own the Data?
- Chief Data Officer 2.0: Managing the New Data Challenge
- Toward Good Open Data Governance
September 2018In this issue:
This issue of CBTJ demonstrates the seemingly contradictory idea that architecture — something often perceived as structural, static, constraining, governing — is actually the enabler for an organization to become more agile and fluid, from strategy through execution.
- Architecture + Agile: The Yin & Yang of Organizational Agility — Opening Statement
- Business Architecture + Agile = Doing the Right Things, Fast
- Agilifying Your Digital Organization: 6 Steps to Get Started
- No More Snake Oil: Architecting Agility in a Complex Environment
- Agile Architecture or Architectural Agility? 2 Fundamentally Different Paradigms Come Together
- 9 Rules of Agile Architecture
- A Light-Touch Architecture Governance Approach