Financial Management of Information Technology
Bob Benson presents a comprehensive set of tools for managing all of the financial aspects of IT. He will educate your organization in how to apply IT Financial Management information so it can successfully manage corporate and IT capital and operating budgets. This engagement equips business executives, CIOs, IT executives, IT financial managers, and CFOs with the tools and processes they need to answer the following questions:
- Where are we spending IT dollars? That is, what are the line items in the IT service portfolios and how much are we spending on each one?
- Are there IT dollars being spent on low business-impact activities that could be better spent elsewhere in IT, or even elsewhere in the company?
- What are the technical and business risk profiles of new IT investments? What are the risk profiles of ongoing (legacy) activities?
- Do our budget and management processes put our financial resources in the areas with the highest business impact?
- Are we managing all our resources as well as we can?
- Wherever we spend money, do we know what we are spending, and are we doing it with thought?
- Do we have the right management processes to control IT costs, plan IT activities, and choose the best IT investments?
The specific tools, assessments, and processes applied are dependent on your needs. Portfolio Management, covering applications, infrastructures, services, and projects is applied extensively.