Steve Bell is a Senior Consultant with Cutter Consortium’s Business Technology & Digital Transformation Strategies and Business Agility & Software Engineering Excellence practices. Mr. Bell serves on the faculty of the Lean Enterprise Institute, and the Lean Global Network. He has published three books: Run Grow Transform, Lean IT and Lean Enterprise Systems. He is a recipient of the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence, and coined the term “Lean IT.”
Mr. Bell has championed the convergence and collaboration across technology communities (including DevOps, Agile, Scrum, ITIL, ITSM, COBIT, ISO, and others) through shared Lean principles and management practices, to help enterprises simultaneously achieve operational excellence and rapid innovation. Mr. Bell provides clients with Lean leadership insights, coaching and consulting, and facilitates workshops in a variety of contexts, including:
- Lean management systems and behaviors to connect strategy with prioritized and sustained execution.
- End-to-end value stream analysis and improvement (Kaizen) to accelerate enterprise DevOps and Digitization investments.
- Strategic advisory and coaching for Lean/Agile Transformation planning and capability development.
- Big data analytics and cognitive computing, connecting strategy with action, using effective problem solving and experimentation techniques to quickly identify and exploit opportunities whenever and wherever they present.
- Application of Industrial Internet, Big Data Analytics, Automation, Additive Manufacturing, and other emerging/converging technologies for supply chain transformation and disruption.
Mr. Bell also believes that Lean Thinking can help improve the quality of life for the billions of people living at the bottom of the economic pyramid. As co-founder of Lean4NGO, he is a passionate advocate for microfinance and microenterprise, and believes that every individual on the planet can be a Lean Startup. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Steve Bell