Apply new techniques, strategies and research for quickly gaining insight into the customer experience.
Why aren't people more grateful for the technology we build them? Software innovators often lack insight into the customer, leading to project and product failures.
The last several years have been a time of intense innovation around customer insights. Agilists have combined techniques from several disciplines, such as user experience (UX) design, software analytics, serious games, and even research techniques borrowed from anthropology and psychology. They have also expanded and honed elements of the Agile toolkit, such as using user story mapping to generate an initial backlog of user stories.
This workshop provides an introduction to all of these techniques. You'll learn how to build a strategy around these techniques, increasing the speed of collecting these insights, improving their reliability, and lowering the cost of acquiring them.
The agenda for this workshop includes the following:
- Why do we keep misunderstanding the customer?
- Why are traditional approaches to requirements inadequate?
- Why is the traditional idea of requirements inadequate?
- Project definition
- Playing serious games to define the minimum viable product
- Backlog creation and prioritization
- Building story maps that generate a backlog
- Early feedback
- Designing and visualizing the user experience
- Technology adoption
- Using analytics to understand customer behavior
- Feedback loops
- Adopting an experimental mindset
- Customer insight strategy
- Acquiring the skills
- Selecting the technique to meet the challenge
- Validating the results
- What this means for roles, the team, and the organization
- Demonstrating the value of this approach
Number of Days: 3
- Product owners
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- User experience designers
- Learn the basics of these techniques, and get hands-on experience with them
- Identify the techniques that will help you the most
- Build a strategy for incorporating these techniques, then proving their value
- “Collecting And Testing Contextual Knowledge Requires A Toolkit Approach”
- “Strategy And Backlogs Exist To Be Adjusted”
- “Requirements Are An ALM Problem 100% Of The Time”
About Cutter's Agile Team
Cutter’s experts in Agile, software and hardware engineering excellence, and product management are helping development teams in organizations worldwide realize improvements in all of these dimensions. From custom assessments and consulting to training and executive education, harness the expertise of Cutter’s thought leaders to boost your team’s performance.
For more details on how Cutter's experts can help you better design the user experience and understand customer behavior, contact your Cutter Account Executive by email, call +1 781 648 8700, or complete the form below.