Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
Issue 2 | 2020
Today, every company needs to become digital, but what this entails will differ depending on industry, company size, and competitive landscape. Focusing on the right aspects of the digital shift — and getting the balancing act right between maintaining productivity and accelerating change — is vital if a company is to thrive rather than fall by the wayside. This issue of CBTJ will help you navigate what could be the most important journey your business will ever take.
Issue 1 | 2020
With all that is new and changing before our eyes, we asked the Cutter Consortium team of experts to weigh in on the technologies, strategies, and business models that will have the most relevance this year and beyond. Their responses — delivered in this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal — range from the need for more technology regulation to what technologies will be most transformative, from guidelines for keeping our data safe to minimizing the profusion of misinformation.
- 2020 Trends and Predictions — Opening Statement
- US Regulators Will Again Fail Technology in 2020
- Leveraging Business Architecture: 3 Predictions Pointing to New Relevance and Leadership
- Cybersecurity in 2020
- Trustworthiness: A Mouthful That Shouldn’t Leave a Bad Taste
- Autonomous Systems Are Rising; Seize the Opportunities!
- AI and Natural Language 2020: New Regulations and New Developments
- 2020: The Year That Agile Gets Found Out
- Trends Shaping Drone Adoption for 2020 and Beyond
- Learn to Succeed with Digital Transformation
Issue 12 | 2019
This issue of CBTJ will help you understand that a data architecture should be much more than merely a technology roadmap. To be of any value to people in an organization, the architecture should guide the people in an organization to an understanding of how to organize for ever-changing information requirements.
- Data Architecture Is Really About People — Opening Statement
- Personal and Organizational Context for Digital Business Decisions
- A Logical Information Architecture That Works for All Your Vs
- Closing the Business-IT Gap with a Model-Driven Architecture
- Practical Enterprise Data Architecture for the Digital Era
Issue 11 | 2019
This issue of CBTJ continues the conversation we began in the last CBTJ and focuses on blockchain technology adoption beyond cryptocurrencies and financial services. The authors explore areas such as energy and utilities and government and present real examples of successful DLT implementations. They share their practical experiences in overcoming and addressing some of the known issues with blockchain projects.
- Blockchain: New Industry Trends, Developments, Use Cases — Opening Statement
- Beyond Cryptocurrency: There’s More to Blockchain
- Blockchain Regulatory Sandboxes
- Blockchain in Smart City Administration: A Look at OrgBook
- Blockchain in Energy and Utilities: Definitions, Use Cases, Standards, and Frameworks
- Strategic Risk Management for the Adoption of BaaS
Issue 10 | 2019
In this Cutter Business Technology Journal, we take a broad look at the opportunities and disruptions that blockchain creates. Our authors explore reasons why blockchain application is still slow regardless of overall interest in the technology.
- Blockchain: Here to Stay? — Opening Statement
- We Need to Talk About Blockchain
- (Demystifying) Blockchain Development: The BLER Use Case
- Blockchain Data Analytics: (In)visibility in Distributed Networks
- Customer Experience in Financial Services: New Directives and New Technologies
- Why Is Blockchain Blocked?