Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
Issue 12 | 2019
This issue of CBTJ will help you understand that a data architecture should be much more than merely a technology roadmap. To be of any value to people in an organization, the architecture should guide the people in an organization to an understanding of how to organize for ever-changing information requirements.
- Data Architecture Is Really About People — Opening Statement
- Personal and Organizational Context for Digital Business Decisions
- A Logical Information Architecture That Works for All Your Vs
- Closing the Business-IT Gap with a Model-Driven Architecture
- Practical Enterprise Data Architecture for the Digital Era
Issue 11 | 2019
This issue of CBTJ continues the conversation we began in the last CBTJ and focuses on blockchain technology adoption beyond cryptocurrencies and financial services. The authors explore areas such as energy and utilities and government and present real examples of successful DLT implementations. They share their practical experiences in overcoming and addressing some of the known issues with blockchain projects.
- Blockchain: New Industry Trends, Developments, Use Cases — Opening Statement
- Beyond Cryptocurrency: There’s More to Blockchain
- Blockchain Regulatory Sandboxes
- Blockchain in Smart City Administration: A Look at OrgBook
- Blockchain in Energy and Utilities: Definitions, Use Cases, Standards, and Frameworks
- Strategic Risk Management for the Adoption of BaaS
Issue 10 | 2019
In this Cutter Business Technology Journal, we take a broad look at the opportunities and disruptions that blockchain creates. Our authors explore reasons why blockchain application is still slow regardless of overall interest in the technology.
- Blockchain: Here to Stay? — Opening Statement
- We Need to Talk About Blockchain
- (Demystifying) Blockchain Development: The BLER Use Case
- Blockchain Data Analytics: (In)visibility in Distributed Networks
- Customer Experience in Financial Services: New Directives and New Technologies
- Why Is Blockchain Blocked?
Issue 9 | 2019
In this CBTJ, we examine digital architecture — the architecture that enables a digital business to effectively extract value from an advantage in a market that exists as a result of digital technologies by directly creating the opportunity or amplifying an existing advantage.
- Digital Architecture: The Spark for Transformation — Opening Statement
- Why There’s Probably No Such Thing as Digital Architecture
- Business Capability Modeling: Propelling Digital Transformation
- How Can We Evaluate a Digital Architecture?
- Buffet-Style Architecture: The New World of Public Self-Governance
- Achieving Digital as an Organizational Capability
- Defining Digital Architecture: Shifting the Focus to Customer Centricity
Issue 8 | 2019
The contributions in this issue of CBTJ will help you get up to speed with the current state of AI and think about some of the issues raised when we look beyond systems that appear to work as intended.
- Caution! AI Consequences Ahead — Opening Statement
- The AI Journey: What Is Real, and What Is AI?
- Machine Learning and Business Processes: Transparency First
- Vulnerability and Risk Mitigation in AI and Machine Learning
- When AI Nudging Goes Wrong
- Strategic Perspectives on AI Product Development
- Who Knew THAT Would Happen?