Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
Fog and edge computing together offer many advantages. Although the technologies may seem similar — and there is much confusion about the terminology — the general consensus is that their difference lies in where the intelligence and computing power are placed. This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal offers perspectives from seven authors on fog/edge computing to bring some sunlight to the challenges, benefits, and possible uses of these emerging technologies.
- Fog/Edge Computing: Opportunities, Case Studies, Challenges — Opening Statement
- A Cloud Close to the Ground: Reflections from the Fog World Congress
- Fog in the Smart Factory: Optimizing Production for Perishable Goods Manufacturing
- Fog Computing: Securing the Intelligent Edge in Next-Generation Networks
- Flying Through the Fog: Aerial Drones in Supply Chain Delivery
- Intelligence at the Edge of IoT
The elements necessary in creating an excellent CX are changing as rapidly as the context and digital environment in which today’s organizations exist. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, we present six articles which lay out varying views on what constitutes CX.
- Transforming the Customer Experience — Opening Statement
- The Whole Customer Experience: Competing Beyond Products and Services
- Frictionless Commerce
- The Wallet Allocation Rule: CX as Value-Creation Strategy
- The Digital Enterprise: Business Ecosystems for Great CX
- The Customer Experience Matters: Utilities and Distributed Energy Resources
- Cool Retail and Service Mobile Apps: Enhancing the Customer Experience
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal sheds some light on the status of blockchain technology adoption. With perspectives from eight different authors, the articles detail some of the opportunities, challenges, applications, and use cases, as well as the industry and business implications associated with a blockchain technology initiatives.
- Blockchain: Where Are We Now? Where Are We Headed? — Opening Statement
- Privacy, Blockchain, and Why the Industry Needs a Spanner
- Should You Use Smart Contracts?
- Farm-to-Fork Transparency: Food Supply Chain Traceability
- Privacy Regained: Is Blockstack the Template for a New Internet?
- Toward Ecosystems: How Blockchain Disrupts the Business Model
Many organizations have successfully transformed to become agile businesses. To do so they have overcome cultural challenges, they have invested in their people, they have experimented with new ways of working, and, most important, they have recognized that they have only just begun. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, we present seven articles that share some hard-earned lessons from the trenches.
- A Disciplined Agile Approach to Business Agility — Opening Statement
- Itamae, the Agile Organization, and You
- The Agile Enterprise and the Division of Labor
- The Necessities for Successful Enterprise Agile Transformation
- Business Agility: A Roadmap for the Digital Enterprise
- Case Study: Linking Business Workflows and Agile User Stories in an SOA
- The Wizard of OSS: Follow the Open Space and Sociocracy Road to Enterprise Agile Transformation
- Core Thinking Patterns for Lean/Agile Organizations
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal examines how AI might transform business and industry sectors, and looks at the drivers of AI global trends and their implications — now and in the future. Our contributing authors provide insights on key opportunities, strategies, and approaches for realizing AI’s potential and discuss emerging issues and concerns, including how AI may impact jobs and businesses.
- Artificial Intelligence: Fear It, Face It, or Embrace It — Opening Statement
- AI: The Good, the Disruptive, and the Scary
- Connecting the AI Dots: Radical Scenarios for Business Automation
- 9 Recommendations for Designing, Developing, Deploying, and Refining Cognitive Computing Systems
- Transforming Banks Through AI
- AI Enables Efficient and Effective Digital Government
- AI Is Driving New Business Models: How Do We Adapt?
- Building Trust in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotics