Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
As has been our tradition over the past few years, we have gathered a group of Cutter Consortium experts to weigh in on the strategies, technologies, and business models that will impact business transformation efforts in 2019.
- Business Technology Trends & Predictions, 2019 — Opening Statement
- Technology, Technologists, and Technoligarchs in 2019
- The CEO: Lost in Space and Time
- Enterprise Architecture: Key Business Priorities and Success Factors for 2019
- Key Risk Indicators as a Value Driver
- 6 New Rules for Managing 21st-Century Analytics
- Customer Experience Management: Trends and Developments
- Growing Drone Usage in Business in 2019
- From Information Modeling to Ontology
- Privacy Issues and AI Forecast
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal describes the range of methods, tools, techniques, and applications of the fintech revolution. The articles demonstrate fintech’s importance and explore the different levels of fintech technologies, experimentation, and applications. While many questions remain, fintech is unstoppable. Institutions, companies, and whole countries are adopting it for financial, political, and even military purposes. Make no mistake: fintech is a game-changer.
- Fintech: Emerging Trends, Future Directions — Opening Statement
- Fintech: Challenges, Drivers, and Future Opportunities
- Fintech Empowerment: Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning
- AI in Banking and Financial Services: Current and Future Trends
- Transforming Fintech Architecture via Blockchain as a Service
- Chatbots in Financial Services: A Usability Study
- Banks and Digital Privacy: Monetizing “Know Your Customer”
- Becoming a Platform Organization: How Incumbent Companies Stay Competitive
- The Fintech Arms Race
While the cloud computing market has already achieved some major milestones since its inception, it still remains one of the hottest markets in terms of growth, spending, and revenue generation. Indeed, it is still making its way up a steep growth curve, and as more features and functionality are added that allow businesses to embrace new business models and enable innovation, the growth shows no signs of slowing. Here, we offer 7 astute evaluations of the opportunities afforded by cloud computing solutions, myriad challenges that we face, and several strategies that will enable us to move forward successfully in our transformation journeys.
What’s the best way to start building a digital business? Starting from a data warehouse just makes sense. Of course, the architectural thinking and technology offer valuable intellectual capital to IT. But the real value comes from the decades of experience in information/data governance and management, as well as the interpersonal and organizational skills that DW implementers have gathered. As you will see from the articles in this issue, the contributors are on the same path.
While issues around data and information governance are starting to get the attention they deserve, business and technology leaders still need help finding their way through all the conflicting demands. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, several authors present their perspectives and recommendations on this complex web of issues.
- The Critical Need for Data Governance — Opening Statement
- Challenges of the Current and Future State of Data Governance
- Geo-Jurisdictions: Myths, Realities & Complexities
- Learning from IT Centralization: Who Should Own the Data?
- Chief Data Officer 2.0: Managing the New Data Challenge
- Toward Good Open Data Governance