Get global perspectives on critical business technology issues
Objective, experience-based opinion and insight from a variety of perspectives on the critical business technology issues you are faced with every day.
This August/September 2016 double-issue of Cutter IT Journal is about change. We don’t need to read more statistics or stories about digital transformation to convince us that it is real, poses both an opportunity and a threat for our organizations, and requires us to take action now. Digital transformation is more than just a bullet point in a strategy session or the current buzzword. The visions we cast and execute upon today will likely dictate our organizations’ successes and survival in the future and collectively shape the world in which we live.
- Business-Driven Digital Transformation — Opening Statement
- Architecting Digital Transformation
- Leveraging Business Architecture to Digitize Business
- All About the Outcomes: Turning Needs into Experiences, From Ideas to Delivery
- All the World’s a Sound Stage: The Digital Transformation Journey in the Era of Hollywood Economics
- Achieving Digital Business Transformation through Strategic Acquisitions: The Role of Enterprise Architecture
- Socializing Technology: Digital Transformation and Global Business Services at Dell EMC
- The PIE Model: How C.In.O.s Can Plan, Implement, and Evaluate Business-Driven “Innovating Innovating”
- The Human Risks of Digital Transformation
This edition of Cutter IT Journal features five articles that discuss existing and future (but not at all fictional) risks in what we currently call the Internet of Things and that in the very near future will evolve into the Internet of Everything (IoE). It presents examples of risks and attacks in the different domains of our personal life, commercial world, and industry in which IoT devices are used, and highlights the corresponding technological and managerial challenges for confronting — even anticipating and warding against — security attacks.
- Security in the Internet of Everything -- Opening Statement
- Cyber and Physical Threats to the Internet of Everything
- Security Challenges and Approaches in the Industrial Internet
- Social Engineering in the Internet of Everything
- Securing the IoT: It Takes the Global Village
- Security and Privacy in the Internet of Things: How to Increase User Trust
This issue of Cutter IT Journal offers a variety of perspectives on what is required to ensure success in big data analytics, covering topics from methodologies to architectures, as well as a dive into one of the key technologies of the field. Our authors provide five distinctly different views on where you should direct your attention over the coming years of evolving BDA practice.
- Cultivating Success in Big Data Analytics — Opening Statement
- Big Data and Lean Thinking: Balancing Purpose, Process, and People
- A Strategic Approach to Big Data: Key to Analytical Success
- Maximizing Analytic Value: Attributes a NoSQL Analytics System Must Have
- Challenges to Maximizing the Value of Future Innovation in Big Data Analytics
- Enabling Agronomy Data and Analytical Modeling: A Journey
In this issue of Cutter IT Journal, we have assembled four articles that address different choices created by information systems, along with the many ethical questions raised by the algorithms that underpin them.
In this edition of Cutter IT Journal, we focus your attention on an important issue facing us in leveraging the potential of the IoT: data management and analytics. To do so, we bring to you five excellent discussions around the IoT. We plucked these articles from an overwhelming response to our call for papers, identifying those with a fine balance of the rigors of theory and research together with examples and case studies that discuss direct practical applications of IoT.
- IoT Data Management and Analytics: Realizing Value from Connected Devices -- Opening Statement
- Solving the Jigsaw Puzzle: An Analytics Framework for Context Awareness in the Internet of Things
- IoT Data Management Challenges: A View from the Trenches
- Exploratory, Embedded, Enabled: The Three E’s of IoT Data Management Maturity
- Leveraging EA and IoT Synergy for Digital Transformation
- A Common Thread: Applying Hex Elementalization in IoT Data Analytics