Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
Issue 2 | 2019
Smart automation is rapidly infiltrating all industry sectors and, through its many incarnations, will affect our lives and work in myriad ways. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal (CBTJ), we examine the next frontiers in automation: technologies, opportunities, challenges, and design guidelines.
- The Next Frontier in Automation: Opportunities, Challenges, and Impact — Opening Statement
- Blockchain for Automation: Assessing and Seizing the Opportunity
- Living at the Frontiers of Automation
- Drones: Enterprise Mission Ready
- AI-Powered Cybersecurity: The Need of the Hour
- Designing for Smart Automation
- Defining a Roadmap for RPA and Intelligent Automation
- Decision Automation: Challenges and Opportunities
- Accountability of Algorithmic Systems: How We Can Control What We Can’t Exactly Measure
Issue 1 | 2019
As has been our tradition over the past few years, we have gathered a group of Cutter Consortium experts to weigh in on the strategies, technologies, and business models that will impact business transformation efforts in 2019.
- Business Technology Trends and Predictions, 2019 — Opening Statement
- Technology, Technologists, and Technoligarchs in 2019
- The CEO: Lost in Space and Time
- Enterprise Architecture: Key Business Priorities and Success Factors for 2019
- Key Risk Indicators as a Value Driver
- 6 New Rules for Managing 21st-Century Analytics
- Customer Experience Management: Trends and Developments
- Growing Drone Usage in Business in 2019
- From Information Modeling to Ontology
- Privacy Issues and AI Forecast
Issue 11 | 2018
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal describes the range of methods, tools, techniques, and applications of the fintech revolution. The articles demonstrate fintech’s importance and explore the different levels of fintech technologies, experimentation, and applications. While many questions remain, fintech is unstoppable. Institutions, companies, and whole countries are adopting it for financial, political, and even military purposes. Make no mistake: fintech is a game-changer.
- Fintech: Emerging Trends, Future Directions — Opening Statement
- Fintech: Challenges, Drivers, and Future Opportunities
- Fintech Empowerment: Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning
- AI in Banking and Financial Services: Current and Future Trends
- Transforming Fintech Architecture via Blockchain as a Service
- Chatbots in Financial Services: A Usability Study
- Banks and Digital Privacy: Monetizing “Know Your Customer”
- Becoming a Platform Organization: How Incumbent Companies Stay Competitive
- The Fintech Arms Race
Issue 10 | 2018
While the cloud computing market has already achieved some major milestones since its inception, it still remains one of the hottest markets in terms of growth, spending, and revenue generation. Indeed, it is still making its way up a steep growth curve, and as more features and functionality are added that allow businesses to embrace new business models and enable innovation, the growth shows no signs of slowing. Here, we offer 7 astute evaluations of the opportunities afforded by cloud computing solutions, myriad challenges that we face, and several strategies that will enable us to move forward successfully in our transformation journeys.
Issue 9 | 2018
What’s the best way to start building a digital business? Starting from a data warehouse just makes sense. Of course, the architectural thinking and technology offer valuable intellectual capital to IT. But the real value comes from the decades of experience in information/data governance and management, as well as the interpersonal and organizational skills that DW implementers have gathered. As you will see from the articles in this issue, the contributors are on the same path.