Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal examines how AI might transform business and industry sectors, and looks at the drivers of AI global trends and their implications — now and in the future. Our contributing authors provide insights on key opportunities, strategies, and approaches for realizing AI’s potential and discuss emerging issues and concerns, including how AI may impact jobs and businesses.
- Artificial Intelligence: Fear It, Face It, or Embrace It — Opening Statement
- AI: The Good, the Disruptive, and the Scary
- Connecting the AI Dots: Radical Scenarios for Business Automation
- 9 Recommendations for Designing, Developing, Deploying, and Refining Cognitive Computing Systems
- Transforming Banks Through AI
- AI Enables Efficient and Effective Digital Government
- AI Is Driving New Business Models: How Do We Adapt?
- Building Trust in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotics
As we do each year, we asked Cutter’s team of experts to weigh in on some of the technologies, trends, and strategies that will truly make waves in the months to come. We hope the articles in this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal help clarify your organization’s path forward in today’s digital economy.
- Business Technology Trends and Predictions, 2018 (PDF)
- Business Technology Trends and Predictions, 2018 — Opening Statement
- The Era of the Hub Economy
- 5 Accelerating Technology Trends to Watch in 2018
- 2018 Technology Trends: Say vs. Do Innovation
- “All In” with Public Cloud for 2018
- Nano Currency: Third-Generation Cryptocurrencies Are Upon Us
- Cryptocurrency Adoption in 2018
- ICOs: Crowdfunding’s Friend or Foe?
- Public Policy Coming in from the Sidelines?
- AGI and the Ethical Challenges Ahead for 2018
- Momentum for Business Architecture
- The 2018 Enterprise: More Open, Composed, and Thoughtful
- The Year of Data Governance?
- Semantic Ontologies: Be the Shepherd, Not the Sheep
To realize the benefits of a digital transformation, organizations need to build and maintain a culture that adapts to a continually changing landscape. In this Cutter Business Technology Journal issue, nine authors share their change leadership insights.
- Change Leadership in the Digital Era — Opening Statement
- A Forward-Thinking Workplace: The Key to Successful Digital Transformation
- Managing Change in Dynamic Environments: Unlocking the Power of Complex Adaptive Systems
- Digital Transformation: Get All Onboard Fast!
- Why a Collaborative Mindset Is Critical for Digital Transformation
- Transforming Change into Trust in the Digital Era
- Successful Digital Strategy? But What About Culture?
In this double issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, we highlight not only the trends in the vast and ever-expanding field of big data, but we also demonstrate the applicability of big data through techniques, experiments, and practical discussions. A careful read of this issue will open your eyes to the many possibilities and challenges that exist in the domain of big data.
- Trends in Big Data Technologies and Analytics — Opening Statement
- Why Machine Learning Is Crucial to Effective Utilization of Big Data
- Prescriptive Analytics: A Game Changer for Business
- The Alpha and the Omega: Big Data and Higher Education
- Compliments to the CHEF: A Cognitive and Heuristics-Based Emergent Financial Management Tool
- Discovering the Right Questions in Big Data: The Colored de Bruijn Graph Approach
- Microsegmentation: Securing IaaS in the Big Data Era
- Swarm Intelligence for Web Document Classification
- Using Simple Analytics in a Real-Time Environment
- Fog Computing: A New Space Between Data and the Cloud
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal takes a wide look at insurtech. It looks at trends and opportunities and offers a suite of solutions — from several perspectives — about how to leverage emerging technologies in insurance models and processes.