Global perspective to help you take advantange of the opportunities of the digital age
The objective, experience-based opinion and insight found in Cutter Business Technology Journal gives your organization the skills and vision it needs to address the spectrum of challenges ongoing business model changes and new technologies bring.
Issue 3 | 2018
Many organizations have successfully transformed to become agile businesses. To do so they have overcome cultural challenges, they have invested in their people, they have experimented with new ways of working, and, most important, they have recognized that they have only just begun. In this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, we present seven articles that share some hard-earned lessons from the trenches.
- A Disciplined Agile Approach to Business Agility — Opening Statement
- Itamae, the Agile Organization, and You
- The Agile Enterprise and the Division of Labor
- The Necessities for Successful Enterprise Agile Transformation
- Business Agility: A Roadmap for the Digital Enterprise
- Case Study: Linking Business Workflows and Agile User Stories in an SOA
- The Wizard of OSS: Follow the Open Space and Sociocracy Road to Enterprise Agile Transformation
- Core Thinking Patterns for Lean/Agile Organizations
Issue 2 | 2018
This issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal examines how AI might transform business and industry sectors, and looks at the drivers of AI global trends and their implications — now and in the future. Our contributing authors provide insights on key opportunities, strategies, and approaches for realizing AI’s potential and discuss emerging issues and concerns, including how AI may impact jobs and businesses.
- Artificial Intelligence: Fear It, Face It, or Embrace It — Opening Statement
- AI: The Good, the Disruptive, and the Scary
- Connecting the AI Dots: Radical Scenarios for Business Automation
- 9 Recommendations for Designing, Developing, Deploying, and Refining Cognitive Computing Systems
- Transforming Banks Through AI
- AI Enables Efficient and Effective Digital Government
- AI Is Driving New Business Models: How Do We Adapt?
- Building Trust in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotics
Issue 1 | 2018
As we do each year, we asked Cutter’s team of experts to weigh in on some of the technologies, trends, and strategies that will truly make waves in the months to come. We hope the articles in this issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal help clarify your organization’s path forward in today’s digital economy.
- Business Technology Trends and Predictions, 2018 (PDF)
- Business Technology Trends and Predictions, 2018 — Opening Statement
- The Era of the Hub Economy
- 5 Accelerating Technology Trends to Watch in 2018
- 2018 Technology Trends: Say vs. Do Innovation
- “All In” with Public Cloud for 2018
- Nano Currency: Third-Generation Cryptocurrencies Are Upon Us
- Cryptocurrency Adoption in 2018
- ICOs: Crowdfunding’s Friend or Foe?
- Public Policy Coming in from the Sidelines?
- AGI and the Ethical Challenges Ahead for 2018
- Momentum for Business Architecture
- The 2018 Enterprise: More Open, Composed, and Thoughtful
- The Year of Data Governance?
- Semantic Ontologies: Be the Shepherd, Not the Sheep
Issue 12 | 2017
To realize the benefits of a digital transformation, organizations need to build and maintain a culture that adapts to a continually changing landscape. In this Cutter Business Technology Journal issue, nine authors share their change leadership insights.
- Change Leadership in the Digital Era — Opening Statement
- A Forward-Thinking Workplace: The Key to Successful Digital Transformation
- Managing Change in Dynamic Environments: Unlocking the Power of Complex Adaptive Systems
- Digital Transformation: Get All Onboard Fast!
- Why a Collaborative Mindset Is Critical for Digital Transformation
- Transforming Change into Trust in the Digital Era
- Successful Digital Strategy? But What About Culture?
Issue 11 | 2017
In this double issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, we highlight not only the trends in the vast and ever-expanding field of big data, but we also demonstrate the applicability of big data through techniques, experiments, and practical discussions. A careful read of this issue will open your eyes to the many possibilities and challenges that exist in the domain of big data.
- Trends in Big Data Technologies and Analytics — Opening Statement
- Why Machine Learning Is Crucial to Effective Utilization of Big Data
- Prescriptive Analytics: A Game Changer for Business
- The Alpha and the Omega: Big Data and Higher Education
- Compliments to the CHEF: A Cognitive and Heuristics-Based Emergent Financial Management Tool
- Discovering the Right Questions in Big Data: The Colored de Bruijn Graph Approach
- Microsegmentation: Securing IaaS in the Big Data Era
- Swarm Intelligence for Web Document Classification
- Using Simple Analytics in a Real-Time Environment
- Fog Computing: A New Space Between Data and the Cloud